We are seeking an experienced accountant and/or bookkeeper for a virtual part-time position consisting of 15-25 hours per week with our growing company.
The ideal candidate understands the difference between cash and accrual accounting, communicates clearly, and has strong interpersonal skills. They are self-motivated individuals who want to take the lead, explore, make recommendations, and solution oriented. We operate in a collaborative team environment, but the role functions independently and requires confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
About Walsh Accounting
Founded in 2009, we are a growing, technology forward, company who work with multiple types of organizations with a focus of owning our customers accounting process and providing effective solutions so they can focus on their business while we take care of theirs.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling customer accounts and meeting deadlines day to day, to include accounting and financial reporting.
- Reconcile bank activity, preparing invoices, processing accounts payable, paying vendor invoices, payroll support, recording adjustments, and produce monthly reports to aide our customers in their decision-making process.
- You will be working with multiple organizations with varied integrated business solutions where flexibility, timeliness, reliability, and collaboration are essential.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers to ensure all day-to-day accounting is up to date, accurate, and complete.
- Prepare weekly, monthly financial reporting packages to management.
- Provide payroll support.
- Ability to recommend best practices and effective processes to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting highly preferred.
- Designation as a Xero Certified Advisor and/or a Quickbooks ProAdvisor highly preferred.
- 3+ years of Accounting/Bookkeeping experience including working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Experience with online payroll solutions.
- Desire to learn and explore new technologies in a paperless environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Available during daytime business hours (M-F, 9am – 5pm EST).