We are seeking an experienced bookkeeper for a virtual part-time position consisting of 20-40 hours per week with our growing company.
The ideal candidate understands the difference between cash and accrual accounting, communicates clearly, and has strong interpersonal skills. They are self-motivated individuals who want to take the lead, explore, make recommendations, and are solution oriented. We operate in a collaborative team environment, but the role functions independently and requires confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail. This position requires an eager willingness to embrace new technology and processes.
About Walsh Accounting
Founded in 2009, we are a growing, technology forward company providing cloud-based bookkeeping services to organizations in various industries.
- Responsible for full cycle accounting duties such as reconciling bank activity, preparing invoices, processing accounts payable, payroll support, recording adjustments, and producing monthly reports to aid our customers in their decision-making process.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy in the general ledger.
- Payroll tasks may include reviewing payroll reports for reasonableness and accuracy, recording payroll, and completing necessary journal entries.
- You will be working with multiple organizations with varied integrated business solutions where flexibility, timeliness, reliability, and collaboration are essential.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers to ensure all day-to-day accounting is up to date, accurate, and complete.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reporting packages for management.
- Ability to recommend best practices and effective processes to customers.
- Lead special projects and initiate process improvements.
- Review monthly and quarterly closes as needed.
- Ensures excellent customer service is being delivered to customers.
- Addressing client issues in a timely manner and adhering to deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience required.
- Proven experience as a Senior Bookkeeper or similar role, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Designation as a Xero Certified Advisor and/or a QuickBooks ProAdvisor highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and best practices.
- High level of integrity and discretion when handling sensitive financial information.
- Must understand the relationship of financial statements to business operations and take a proactive role in developing processes/controls/systems.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software required. Payroll experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills: ability to prioritize, to see and understand the big picture while also paying attention to the details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Dedicated workspace and experience working in a remote environment.
- Quiet environment free of distractions
- Professional appearance
- Reliable internet connection
- Available during daytime business hours (M-F, 9am – 5pm EST).