We are seeking an experienced accountant for a virtual part-time position consisting of 20-40 hours per week with our growing company.
The ideal candidate understands the difference between cash and accrual accounting, communicates clearly, and has strong interpersonal skills. They are self-motivated individuals who want to take the lead, explore, make recommendations, and are solution oriented. We operate in a collaborative team environment, but the role functions independently and requires confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail. This position requires an eager willingness to embrace new technology and processes.
About Walsh Accounting
Founded in 2009, we are a growing, technology forward, company who works with multiple types of organizations with a focus of owning our customers accounting process and providing effective solutions so they can focus on their business while we take care of theirs.
- Responsible for full cycle accounting duties such as reconciling bank activity, preparing invoices, processing accounts payable, payroll support, recording adjustments, and producing monthly reports to aid our customers in their decision-making process.
- You will be working with multiple organizations with varied integrated business solutions where flexibility, timeliness, reliability, and collaboration are essential.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers to ensure all day-to-day accounting is up to date, accurate, and complete.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reporting packages for management.
- Ability to recommend best practices and effective processes to customers.
- Lead special projects and initiate process improvements.
- Review monthly and quarterly closes for assigned team.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of assigned work items for team.
- Ensures excellent customer service is being delivered to customers.
- Coordinate the training of team members and prepare training materials as necessary.
- Lead and mentor assigned bookkeepers.
- Completes all relevant HR processes when providing feedback and documenting discussions with employees.
- Conduct effective 1on1’s with team.
- Provide support to bookkeepers when trying to resolve issues.
- Identify root cause on performance issues and process bottlenecks and aid in resolving.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience required.
- Designation as a Xero Certified Advisor and/or a QuickBooks ProAdvisor highly preferred.
- Certified Bookkeeper designation is a plus
- Business acumen and knowledge, and understanding of GAAP
- Must understand the relationship of financial statements to business operations and take a proactive role in developing processes/controls/systems
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software required. Payroll experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills: ability to prioritize, to see and understand the big picture while also paying attention to the details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Project oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Dedicated workspace and experience working in a remote environment.
- Available during daytime business hours (M-F, 9am – 5pm EST).
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
Supplemental pay types
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you available during regular business hours (9am-5pm), Monday through Friday
- Payroll: 1 year required
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- Xero / Quickbooks Online: 3 years (Required)